When it comes to purchasing the right portable label printer for your business needs, our AIS experts have identified 9 features that modern devices should have.
Our experts feel that these features will make all the difference when it comes to using your label printer and getting the most value for your money. A good performing industrial portable label printer is a must.
Below are the 9 features you should look for.
- A Compact Label Printer with a Durable Case: A compact unit is important for portability and a durable hard-sided case will protect your printer during transport. It also helps to keep your printer clean.
- Reliability: This is essential when choosing your label printer. After all, you want it to work whenever you need it.
- A Large Selection of Supplies Available: When choosing your label printer it is a good idea to make sure that there is a large selection of supplies that you can purchase and that these are readily available. The variety of supplies should be suitable for your required needs both now and in the future. You should also check that the supplies will work in the label printer model you purchase and other models from the same company.
- Easy to Use: Your label printer should be easy to use and that includes the changing of label rolls. If you have a portable or handheld printer it should be easy to hold as well as being easy to input the data required.
- A Good Warranty: Before making your purchase, check the warranty. Does it have a lifetime warranty or is it for a limited amount of time?
- What Type of Batteries are Used?: This is another important aspect for portable label printers. The batteries should be rechargeable and if possible, there should be an option to use disposable batteries should the need arise.
- Good Connectivity: You should be able to connect your portable label printer to a computer or laptop or any mobile device. Connections should be available via USB, wi-fi, and Bluetooth.
- Labelling Software Included: The software required should be included with the label printer and not as an additional purchase. The software should be easy to use and come with the ability to install it on multiple devices.
- Must be Robust: The label printer you choose should be able to do all the jobs required. This should include the printing on industrial labels, heat shrink sleeves, and more. It is also a good idea to check on the size of labels that can be printed and if your label printer can accommodate different sizes.
These are the top 9 features that should be included with the portable label printer you choose to purchase. You can check out our selection of label printers here and should you have any questions or need assistance, our experts are always available to help you out. We can help you find the best printer for your business needs so be sure to get in touch today.