If you’re looking to take control of your production process, a label applicator is a great idea but it is important that you choose one that suits your needs. In today’s post we are going to look at the top four things that every company needs to know when buying an industrial label applicator.
4 Things to Look At When Purchasing a Label Applicator
Know What You Need
Before purchasing a label applicator it is important to have a thorough understanding of your company’s internal application so that you know which industrial label applicator will work for you. There are a number of things that will help you identify the one that is right and these include:
- Product Surface: The label applicator you choose must work with the surface that the label is being applied to. Is it a flat, concave, or convex surface? What material is the label being applied to? What is the product made of? You will need to answer each of these questions.
- Size and Shape of the label: The label applicator has to be able to accommodate the size and shape of your labels. Some industrial applicators can only handle specific sizes and shapes while others are more versatile.
- Label Materials: The label applicator has to be compatible with your label materials whether they are made from paper, film or foil.
- Application Rate: Industrial label printers have their own speeds which are measured in product per minute (ppm) and the applicator you choose must meet your production rates and can also be adjusted up or down for future changes too.
- Accuracy: Some products will need precision when it comes to label placement during the application process. Your chosen label application must adhere to this.
- Label location: The label applicator has to be able to place the label where you want it on your product whether this is the top, bottom, or side. It should also be compatible with whatever shape your product is. Some industrial label applicators can be adjusted to accommodate locations.
Industrial Label Applicator Budget
Having a budget in mind when looking at industrial label applicators is a must. The price of these machines depends on the features, capabilities, and type. Our experts can help you determine which type you require whilst staying within your budget.
Know Which Style of Label Applicator You Need
There are multiple styles available when it comes to label applicators so it is important to know the difference. There are three main types and each of these are effective.
- Integrated Automated Label Applicator: This label applicator is fully integrated into your product handling system and products move along a conveyor where a label applicator head applies the label.
- Standalone Label Applicators: This machine can be integrated into an existing or product handling system and can include a portable head mount or installed onto a conveyor of another machine.
- Semi-automated Label Applicators: This machine requires an operator to place a product into a fixture or jig assembly and then the applicator adds the label using a foot pedal or sensor located in the machine.
Know How Labels Are Applied
The fourth thing to know is how you want your labels to be applied. The method you choose will depend on the equipment you have, the configuration of your production line, and how fragile your product is. We can help you to decide which method is best suited for your operations. There are three main methods of label application and these are wipe-on, air-blow, and tamp-blow.
Every company has different needs and we can help you find the label applicator solution you need. Our team of experts at AIS Ltd are here to help and with a little information from you, they can guide you in the right direction and provide you with a quote for your labelling needs and more.